BY GLAIZA DE GRACIA — Company Services celebrated Paddle 1 March 24 with a fun and entertaining hour full of cute Easter cupcakes, refreshing ice cream floats, OZONE dancing, and an awesome “Spring Fling” photo booth.
Company Services departments teamed up to form eight groups, each representing a value:
PADDLE 1 – Company Services “Spring Fling” Teams:
Kīnā‘ole (Flawlessness) – Hawaii Vacation Condos by Outrigger®
Equality (Kaulike) – Sales, Hospitality Services, Executive Office
A‘o (To learn and to share) – OHANA Hotels by Outrigger®
Nā Mea Ho‘okipa (Host) – Corporate Communications, Global Brand Services
‘Ohana (Family) – Human Resources
Wahi (Place) – Finance, Retail, Security
Accountability (Kuleana) – Global Distribution, Japan Sales
Aloha – Information Technology, Operations Services
Team members were asked to answer what their respective value meant to them. A “Values” Bingo Card was created and participants visited eight designated areas to pick up a values statement. The statement corresponded to a value square on the Bingo Card. At our event, random prize drawing winners were announced recognizing one host from each of the eight teams.
Winning Values Statements:
- Flawlessness: Doing everything necessary to leave a forever-lasting first impression – Leighton Chang
- Equality: Treat others how I want to be treated – Tania Morrill
- To learn/to share: By doing everything right the first time – PK Ka‘ahanui
- Host: Welcoming everyone as family – Darell Castro
- Family: Sharing life by giving and receiving unconditional love, support and trust – Joy Wong
- Place: My special place is at home sitting at the dining table playing with my craft supplies making favors, greeting cards, and trying out new projects. – Barbara Awa
- Accountability: It’s each of our jobs to complete our designated tasks and job functions (and to do them well). – Marisa Guerrero
- Love, Compassion: I strive to do my best in everything I do and I learn from my mistakes when I’m not “flawless.” I also treat others the way I would want to be treated and approach all challenges with an open mind and positive attitude. – Jill Kawakami
A great time was had by all, with a special mahalo to the team Alaka‘i for a job well done!